Truely a pious day!
What a coincidence!
Birthday of great educationist and 2nd President of India, Dr. Radhakrishnan
Bhadrapada Krishna Ashtami, birthday of world’s greatest teacher, Lord Krishna
अज्ञानतिमिरान्धस्य ज्ञानाञ्जनशलाकया ।
चक्षुरुन्मीलितं येन तस्मै श्रीगुरवे नमः ॥
Salutation to the noble Guru, who has opened the eyes blinded by darkness of ignorance with the collyrium-stick of knowledge.
First of all adoration to all teachers who contributing in making the future of India.
I want to start the conversion from our pleasing past. Our history is full of the glories of teachers. Our scriptures are full of various lustrous stories about Guru-Shishya relationship.
– Guru Vashishtha and Guru Vishwamitra, teachers of Lord Rama
– Kautilya or Chanakya, teacher of the great king Chandragupta Maurya
– Gautam Buddha, Mahaveer Swami, Shankaracharya, Ramakrishna Paramahansa and many more
All of them played an important role in character building of their students.
It is not necessary that only the person who teaches in school, collage and university can contribute to the ethos of society.
– Kabir, Premchand, Dinkar, Tagore, RK Narayana, and many more have been educated us by their literature,
– Vivekananda, Gandhi, Radhakrishnan, Mother Teresa, and many more have been educated us by their philosophy and social services,
– Subbulakshmi, Ravi Shankar, Lata, Bhimsen, and many more have been inspired us by their prominent art works,
– Dhyan Chand, Sachin, Bhupati, and many more have been inspired us by their spirit for games,
– JC Bose, V Sarabhai, HJ Bhava, Kalam, and many more have been inspired us by their inventions,
– Azad, Bhagat, Bose, and many more have been inspired us by their sacrifice and affection for mother land,
All of them contributed equally in the building of the mental and moral qualities distinctive to an individual.
Again, it is not true that only the great peoples and big names can be the good teacher. Anyone, who can teach any single virtue or merit to any individual or society, is a good teacher. Our mother, father, family, friends, and society are also good teachers and they give us strength in our ups and downs. The life of an individual cannot be shaped by single one, it is the cumulative effort of many.
Today, our prime minister, Shri Narendra Modi, told a inspiring story of a anganwadi teacher when he was interacting with students and teachers. There are many more inspiring stories which tell us about the student-teacher relationship and their affection towards each other.
They inspire you, they entertain you, and you end up learning a ton even when you don’t know it.
I am thankful to my family, my friends, and my instructors who taught me, supported me and criticized me at various phases of my life.
Saint Kabir said in the praise of Guru,
“सब धरती कागज करूँ, लेखनी सब बनराय
सात समुंदर की मसि करूँ, गुरुगुण लिखा न जाय”
Even if the whole earth is transformed into paper with all the big trees made into pens and if the entire water in the seven oceans are transformed into writing ink, even then the glories of the Guru cannot be written. So much is the greatness of the Guru.
Once Alexander the Great said,
“I am indebted to my father for living, but to my teacher for living well.”
Once again, With all due respect, I salute all teachers who have contributed or are contributing to inspire the youth of India.
“Happy Teachers Day”
ॐ सह नाववतु ।
सह नौ भुनक्तु ।
सह वीर्यं करवावहै ।
तेजस्वि नावधीतमस्तु मा विद्विषावहै ।
ॐ शान्तिः शान्तिः शान्तिः ॥
Om, May God Protect us Both (the Teacher and the Student),
May God Nourish us Both,
May we Work Together with Energy and Vigor,
May our Study be Enlightening and not give rise to Hostility,
Om, Peace, Peace, Peace.